Door to Frame

in , , , , by Julie Nichols, April 19, 2013
I used the door to our entertainment center to make this frame for the print I purchased last week.  It is finished and here is how I did it.

door-to-frame




First I brought it outside and gave it a sanding.  I used the palm sander hiding behind the paint can.
I used  Benjamin Moore paint (White Linen) leftover from another project, and wood glue to cover-up the holes in the door.
                                              
                                                  Remember this is where it came from

                                 I reused just about every piece of this entertainment center

                         The next step was to take the rubber off the glass. Cover the holes and paint them.
I left the small black hardware on the door. I thought they would be perfect to use as the picture hanger.  After it was painted I was ready to put the print in and hang it with this wire.
Once the wire was in place I didn't like the way it looked because you can see it hanging off the frame.  So I needed a plan B.   Looking around my office... I  spy with my little eye  TWINE.
There it is sitting on the corner of the draw turned shelf.

Next, I knotted the twine on the hardware.  I found the knobs from the drawers and door that I took off the entertainment center and painted one of them.
                            
                                  Here it is on the wall.   I glued the knob on the screw.

So there you have it.  How I changed the door into a frame for this sweet print that makes me smile.




SHARE 24 comments

Add your comment

  1. I'm liking how very creative you are and making good use of what you have. I love your simple, clean style. You found a perfect name for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice comment. It means a lot.

      Delete
  2. This is a great project Julie! I love how it turned out:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of reusing those doors! Congrats on your new blog! I know you'll be a success! Great project, great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne
      Thanks for the nice comment. We were going to throw the entertainment center away and as we were taking it apart I thought I should save some of it to reuse. Glad I did.

      Delete
  4. I would love to see what other projects you have used the old entertainment center. I have an oak one I've been trying to repurpose. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie
      I used the top of the entertainment center for my desk in the office redo. And the drawers for shelves. You can read about it in my very first post. Thank you for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  5. found your link through the City Farmhouse...love this idea - and I'm a real fan of anything with birds...I am a new follower!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl
    So exciting hear that you want to follow me.
    That frame project was fun to do.
    I will come and visit your blog.
    thanks for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to repurpose a door. The print looks perfect in the pretty white frame.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Alice
      thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment it means so much.
      Julie

      Delete
  8. Looks GREAT, so very creative! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!!! (Your party link takes you to the mood board post :) I just kept scrolling until I found this post too!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. Great idea. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty print and frame!
    thanks for sharing at CCC, catching you this week.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally new to all this crafty stuff, so keeping it simple is just what I need ! I am going to be a regular visitor as this is the best blog I've found yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you will be a regular visitor.

      Delete
  12. Less is more effective. I love it! I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea !! Love the print as well !! you did great job !!
    Best,
    Marlin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, that's very lovely and you're very creative. It really completes your area in a special way.

    Thanks for sharing it,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

© love my simple home · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS