Office Redo

in , , , , by Julie Nichols, April 04, 2013

                                             Office Redo

                                                                  
                                                                     Hi Come on in


office-redo


Hello.......my name is Julie welcome to my blog.  I am a new blogger and this is my very first post.  Today I will share some before and after pictures of my office redo. This room was my daughter's playroom.


        

As you can see there was just the subfloor.  We ( meaning my husband) put down new flooring that we purchased at Home Depot.  The pine board leaning against the open closet was the top of our entertainment center.  My husband and I took the whole unit apart and reused the pieces.  The board became the top of my desk.  The three drawers became shelves. You'll see those in the after pictures.


                                                                           

MY NEW OFFICE WORKROOM

The walls are painted with Benjamin Moore paint White Dove

Here is the pine board ....my new desk.  To the left of the wall are the drawers from the entertainment center. 




Here is another drawer that was part of the entertainment center.  The pretty flower pictures are hand-painted by my sister-in-law's father who lives in Germany. They are postcards that she sent to me which I kept over the years. The antique clock was purchased at a garage sale, the small picture in the white frame was my daughter's first drawing of a person.  The pretty lamp came from my favorite local consignment shop.  I saved and dried the roses that my husband gave me.  



Here is a close up of the drawers decorated with jars of buttons.  The map behind the shelves came from an old nautical map that we had and the pretty crochet pincushion was handmade by my grandmother.


I purchased the magazine organizers at Target.




The large toolbox is from a consignment store












SHARE 17 comments

Add your comment

  1. Your office turned out beautiful! You did a great job! Bravo! What a huge before & after. Have a great weekend, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog! Nice work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin for the nice comment and for visiting my blog. Hope you visit again.
      Julie

      Delete
  3. Love your work! Great recycling and love the decorative touches which are personal and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm so impressed by how you took that entertainment center apart and your creative use of the various parts. Your room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogworld! I found you via Cozy Lil Houses welcome wagon. I am in love with the wire lamp on the right hand side of your desk. Could you share where you found it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new workroom looks great. Have fun in your new room.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing! You'll love blogging! I see this is from April, so I'm off to see more...
    Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAbulous redo, I love it. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing - http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/07/171st-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Thanks for the invite. I will definitely link up to your party.

      Delete
  9. Hi Julie! It's Sadie from Company of 7 Designs. I love what you have done with your space. That is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Welcome to the world of blogging. Your office space looks great. I am your newest follower. If you have a moment I would love for you to stop by my blog sometime at http://homeandlifestyledesign.com
    Thanks, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your office room - what a great job you did repurposing old furniture. I've started a new blog too. All the best to you with yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful...love simple and all the warm color tones...
    just love the old wood tote or carrier on the table!
    lovely blog!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well first I want to say "Welcome" to blogland and I hope you are still having as much fun as you started. Your space is just adorable and I bet you enjoy being in that room blogging...I know I would. Thank you for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete

© love my simple home · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS