Christmas Oreo Truffles

in , , by Julie Nichols, December 18, 2018
'Tis the season for holiday parties and for holiday cookie swaps!  Even though I eat healthily and share nutritious recipes I like to treat myself to all the best the holiday has to offer.  I've been waiting for months to make Christmas cookies, and these oreo truffles are my top favorite.  I made them for a Christmas cookie swap & they were a big hit so I thought I would share the recipe with you!  The best part is it is a no-bake recipe with simple ingredients. (who can't say no to that!)

Christmas-Oreo-Truffles-love-my-simple-home


Christmas Oreo Truffles 


Christmas Oreo Truffle Ingredients:

1 package Cream Cheese, softened
1 package of Oreo Cookies, crushed
2 packages Semi-Sweet Chocolate, for melting

Christmas-Oreo-Truffles-love-my-simple-home

Christmas Oreo Truffle Directions:

Place one package of  Oreo cookies in a zip lock bag and tap them gently with a hammer to Crush into Crumbs. 


Mix the softened Cream Cheese & 3 cups of the Oreo crumbs in an electric mixer until well blended
Note the mixture will be very gooey.

Using your hands shape them into 48 (1-inch) balls and place them on wax paper

Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a pot on low heat stirring until melted


Dip each Oreo ball into melted chocolate then place on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet


Roll each ball in the remaining Oreo cookie crumbs and place back on the cookie sheet (lined with wax paper)


Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the chocolate is hard

Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator


Optional sprinkle confectioners sugar on top of the refrigerated truffles to serve



Christmas-Oreo-Truffles-love-my-simple-home

After the truffles have been refrigerated the melted chocolate will have hardened into a crunchy shell and the middle will be soft. 

Make sure you set a few aside for yourself  & indulge.  Then wrap the rest up and give them as gifts or bring them to your holiday party.



Christmas-Oreo-Truffles-love-my-simple-home
SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

© love my simple home · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS